What To Expect
You have been booked in for a telehealth consult with your GP or Nurse. Below is some information to guide you through the process.
What set up do you need?
· A phone, tablet or computer with a webcam, microphone and speaker.
· Access to a strong internet connection.
· Ideally use Google Chrome if you can for optimal compatibility.
Come prepared for you appointment!
· List of any scripts or referrals required.
· Details of where you need the information sent after your consult, including fax / email where possible.
What happens if you have connection issues?
· If at any point either you or the practice find the connection is not adequate or the call is dropping out, we may call you and complete the consult over the phone (i.e. no video).
What happens at my appointment time?
Just like coming in to the practice you need to ‘attend’ the appointment a few minutes before the scheduled time so you can check in with reception.
Your virtual journey through the practice should closely follow that which you are used to when coming in to see the Doctor.
· Follow the link sent to you to a web address when you are ready to ‘check in’ with reception.
· Join as a ‘guest’.
· Add the patient name and photograph. This is so the Doctor can identify your call from others who might also be waiting.
· Your call will be in a queue at the secure virtual front desk. It may take us a few minutes to get to you if we are helping another patient.
*Please keep your device active on this webpage as you may not be notified when we answer if your screen has gone to sleep (you may need to change your screen timeout settings on your device).
· Once you are at the front of the queue you will be checked in, just as you are in the practice and transferred to the Doctor’s secure virtual waiting room.
· It may take your Doctor a few minutes to answer your call as they may need to finish with another patient.
Inside the Doctor’s room:
· The Doctor needs to see and hear you. You should be able to see and hear them as well.
· Once completed, your Doctor will transfer you back to the front desk.
· If there is a fee, you will be asked to pay online at the conclusion of your consult.
Fees for Telehealth Consults:
Consult fees for video and phone consults are the same as face to face:
Standard Consult: $83
Long Consult: $152
As with all our consults, discounts apply for Pensioners and Health Care Card holders. Please ensure your details are up to date when booking your appointment.
Please note: You are only eligible for a Medicare rebate if you have been seen at the practice face-to-face in the last 12 months.
If you have not been seen physically at the practice in the last 12 months we can still conduct a video or phone consultation with you, however a private fee with no Medicare rebate will apply:
Standard Consult: $70 ($50 for Concession Card holders)
Long Consult: $100 ($70 for Concession Card holders)