The Panaceum Group is a leading provider of health care services to rural Western Australia. 2021 brings exciting news as we open a brand new medical practice in Karratha, WA. This newly constructed practice is being built on the existing and successful model and vision of the flagship practices and services in the Mid West.
We are seeking a highly motivated Registered Nurse (full time or part time) to join the practice team at the Panaceum Group’s new Karratha practice.
You will become a member of a vibrant team focused on providing nursing and medical services to Karratha and surrounding communities.
This position would suit an experienced Registered Nurse who is confident and able to work independently within the treatment room setting. As the nurse will work solo on most occasions experience and confident clinical performance is required.
The successful applicant will be provided with appropriate training and supernumery support to transition into our business. You must be willing to show initiative and willingness to develop the treatment room space and how nursing services can be provided to the diverse community of Karratha. Support is available by telehealth means from our Geraldton sites and additional support for training and development of clinical skills will be provided regularly.
The successful applicant would require a strong work ethic, developed and consistent time management skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a larger practice team. You must be motivated, and enthusiastic to drive best practice outcomes for patient care.
Primary clinical care duties include but not limited to: wound care management, cold chain management, immunisation, ECGs, spirometry, ABI, ear syringing, infusions, infection control, assisting with procedures, managing results, medication administration preparation of health assessments and chronic disease care plans, sterilisation of equipment and involvement in accreditation as required by management.
Essential selection criteria include:
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA
- Current CPR certification
- Current Drivers Licence
- Computer literacy
- Prior nursing experience in a similar setting
- Efficient time management skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Caring and collaborative approach to role and patient care.
- Strong customer service and a professional attitude.
- To be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Proactive in ability to provide preventative healthcare.
- Immunisation Certification and practical experience with the same.
- Flexibility of hours to suit practice requirements.
Desirable criteria include:
- Prior experience in or exposure to the Practice Nursing or rural nursing environments.
- Experience with clinical software – Best Practice. Training can be provided to the appropriate candidate.
- Phlebotomy certification.
- Community or emergency nursing experience is considered advantageous.
- Exposure to chronic disease management.
The practice will be ready in June 2021.
Closing date: 31/05/2021