There is a lot of media regarding the Covid-19 virus, which can get confusing. Please find some simple advice on what to look for, and what to do.
If you have ANY of these symptoms
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Travelled internationally in the 14 days before getting sick or been in close contact with anyone that has done so and is now sick
- Had close contact with someone diagnosed with, or suspected of having Coronavirus in the 14 days before getting sick
Please do the following:
- It is important we minimise any risk of spreading the infection any further. Isolate yourself at home and minimise your contact with others.
- Put on a surgical mask and if you don’t have one, practise good sneeze/cough hygiene.
- Practise good hand hygiene.
- Call your GP Practice. They will help you with what to do next. We are running phone consults to assess for Covid-19 screening. You will have a call within the day.
- You MUST AVOID physically coming to any medical facility unannounced including your local ED.
If you have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing:
- Call 000, ask for an ambulance and notify the officers of your recent travel or close contact history.
Recent update (11/3/2020):
Incoming travellers who have returned from mainland China or Iran (any date), the Republic of Korea (on or after 5 March 2020) or Italy (on or after 11 March 2020) will be required to self-isolate at their intended place of residence for a period of 14 days from the date of departure.
For up to date information please go to https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert