Pain Series – Part 3: Lower back PainFebruary 23, 2018
Allergy AwarenessApril 6, 2018
Part 4 of Physiotherapist Thomas Knight’s Pain Series.
What to do about it / Management:
Turning down the volume…
- Slow down, trying to fight pain is like putting petrol on a fire
- Remember that it is just pain. It’s not fun but it’s also not dangerous
- Breath slowly and deeply, When pain strikes, slowly breath in for 5 seconds and out for 5 seconds
- Work back into the things in life that pain has caused you to stop or avoid. Set small goals and celebrate each one you achieve
- Pace yourself slowly and don’t jump into doing too much too soon. Too much too soon and you will end up in pain (like a blister), gradually doing a little bit more each time allows resilient tissue to develop and a better recovery (like a callous)
- There will be good days and not so good days, don’t be too hard on yourself on those bad days, do what you can and move on to the next
- It doesn’t matter what it is, it just needs to be something you will complete regularly and are going to enjoy. No one exercise is better than another, the one you are going to enjoy is best.
- Speak to a Physiotherapist who can help provide the information you will need to get back on track.
To book an appointment with our physiotherapy team please call one of our friendly reception team at Panaceum Seacrest on 9923 9999 or Panaceum Allied Health on 9920 8151, alternatively book via the appointuit app.